49th Annual NAMC Conference
women in construction work session
Participants will learn how to use technology and innovation to enhance their business model and gain a competitive edge. Attendees will learn how to integrate these tools into their existing day-to-day operations.
49th Annual NAMC Conference
women in construction luncheon & awards
Harriet Tubman Excellence In Leadership Award
The National Association of Minority Contractors (NAMC) has a strong foundational history that has established a great legacy for the organization. NAMC’s presence and voice in this industry is of even greater need today than ever before to continue the mission of providing Access (contract & resource opportunities), Advocacy (legislative impact), and Contractor Readiness (training, capacity building, and growth) for its members. The association strives to accomplish its goals in collaboration with major corporate partners, strategic alliances, and public agencies.
In keeping with legacy building, NAMC is proud to announce its 4th “Harriet Tubman Excellence in Leadership Award.” This award is designed to honor influential women in the construction industry, including those that support and advocate on behalf of minority contractors and support the NAMC mission.
A nominee should be an established business leader who has demonstrated excellence in leadership in support of the construction industry and embodies key leadership characteristics.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Professional accomplishments
- Community leadership
- Awards and milestones
- Commitment to the programs of NAMC National and/or its chapters
1. NAMC Board of Directors, NAMC Chapters and Major Corporate Partners/Owners are invited to submit nominations. Self-nominations are also welcome.
2. Complete the Harriet Tubman Excellence in Leadership Award Questionnaire. Please be sure to answer all questions completely.
3. Nominations must be completed online or submitted via email to Doreen Littlejohn, NAMC National Program Director, email@example.com no later than Monday, May 1, 2018, 9:00 p.m. EDT.
4. An independent programming committee will evaluate the nominations; confirm nominees meet the award criteria; and make final recommendations to the NAMC HTELA Awards Committee. The award recipient must be prepared to extend all reasonable efforts to attend the 2018 NAMC National Conference to accept the award. The award recipient(s) will be notified no later than May 24, 2018.
2018 AWARD PRESENTATION
The award will be presented during the 49th NAMC National Conference at the Women in Construction Luncheon in Plano, TX on Thursday, June 14, 2018.
Thank you to our sponsors for supporting the 49th Annual NAMC Conference Women in Construction Luncheon.